Insurance for your A/E firm

Insurance for your A/E firm

Types of Insurance to consider for your Architecture and/or Engineering firm:

Professional Liability – protects against negligent acts, errors or omissions in the performance of professional services.  Also know as errors and omissions insurance.

  • Business Owner Policy – combines both property and liability insurance, a Business Owner Policy (BOP) will cover your business in the event of property damage, suspended operations, or lawsuits resulting from bodily injury or property damage to others.
  • Umbrella/Excess Liability – this policy protects your firm in the event of a catastrophic claim.  The policy is supplemental to general liability, automobile liability and employer liability limits.
  • Workers Compensation – coverage to employees for work-related injuries. Workers Compensation includes medical care and a portion of lost wages when the employee is unable to work.
  • Commercial Automobile – liability and physical damage insurance for your commercial automobiles. Auto polices include liability coverage, uninsured motorist, underinsured motorist and property damage.
  • Cyber Liability – protects your firm in the case of hacking, loss or sharing of information and cyber security breach.
  • Directors and Officers (D&O) – protects personal assets of directors and officers and corporate assets of public companies.

Some of the carriers that we partner with to offer these types of policies are:

Travelers Insurance –

RLI Insurance –

Navigators –

Victor O. Schinnerer/CNA –

It is important to consider these types of insurance for your firm.  It is free to obtain quotes for the different coverages.  If you have any questions on the different types of insurance be sure to check with your PUI Agent to discuss.

Previous Post
The Cost of a Driver Record Look-Up to Increase
Next Post
Cyber Liability Insurance