Memorial Day Trivia
1. What war was first associated with Memorial Day?
B. Civil War
C. Vietnam War
2. What year was General Order No. 11 set aside to honor what became known as Memorial Day?
3.What was the prior name of ‘Memorial Day’?
A. Observance Day
B. Decoration Day
C. Fallen Soldier Day
4. Is Memorial Day a federal holiday?
5. What President presided over the first Memorial Day ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery?
A. Andrew Johnson
B. Ulysses S. Grant
C. Grover Cleveland
6. What is the term given for each that were interred into the tomb at Arlington National Cemetery?
A. Fallen Soldiers
B. Unknown Soldiers
C. Forgotten Soldiers
7. On Memorial Day in 1988, how many motorcyclists participated in the first Rolling Thunder Rally?
8. What flower is associated with Memorial Day?
A. white peonies
B. red poppies
C. blue carnations
9. What color is used when describing the day set aside for the Confederate Memorial Day?
10. What car race is typically the same weekend as Memorial Day?
A. Daytona 500
B. Indy 500
C. Grand Prix
Click HERE for answers.