Reporting of a Claim or Potential Claim on Your Architecture/Engineering Firms Professional Liability Policy
Your firm is required to provide written notice of a claim or potential claim to your Professional Liability insurance company. Here are a few insurance companies’ excerpts of the policy for reporting a claim.
- The Insured, as a condition precedent to the obligations of the Company under this Policy, will give written notice to the Company as soon as reasonably possible during the Policy Period of any Claim made against the Insured.
- B. The Company further agrees that the Insured may have up to, but not to exceed, sixty (60) days after the Policy expiration to report in writing to the Company a Claim made against the Insured during the Policy Period provided that prior to the expiration of the Policy, provided that the Insured was in compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Policy, including payment of all premiums and Deductibles when due. This Claim reporting grace period does not extend the Policy Period.
- If during the Policy Period, any Insured becomes aware of any Potential Claim against any Insured, including but not limited to any notice, advice or threat, whether written or verbal, that any person or entity intends to hold the Insured responsible for any Wrongful Act, Pollution Incident or Network and Information Security Breach and gives written notice to the Company with all full particulars
- As a condition precedent to the coverage hereunder:
(i) in the event of a Claim(s), prompt written notice containing particulars sufficient to identify the Insured and all reasonably obtainable information and documentation with respect to the time, place and particulars thereof, and the names and addresses of available witnesses, shall be given by or for the Insured to the Insurer; (ii) if a Claim(s) is made against the Insured, the Insured shall promptly forward to the Insurer every demand, notice, summons, order or other process received by the Insured or the Insured’s representative. This requirement continues throughout the life of the Claim(s).
- All notices under this Policy shall be in writing and given by prepaid express courier, certified mail, e-mail, or facsimile properly addressed to the appropriate party.
- If any Insured shall commit fraud in proffering any Claim(s) as regards amount or otherwise, the insurance shall become void as to such Insured from the date such fraudulent Claim(s) is proffered.
It is very important that your firm report claims or potential claims in a timely manner in order for the insurance company to best assist. If you have any questions about claims or potential claims please call or email your Professional Underwriters agent for assistance.